This timely article in NAFEMS Benchmark, authored by MSC Software Vice President Keith Hanna, explores the role of CAE simulation in the conceptualization, design, prototyping, operational use, and recycling of greener products that contribute to a more sustainable economy and planet.
Specific examples of the use of simulation referenced in the article include:
- Designing new renewable energy projects (wind, wave, tidal, solar…)
- Delivering smart, energy efficient buildings and built environment landscapes
- Enabling optimal 3d printing for lightweighting of transportation vehicles
- Designing and manufacturing of next generation eMobility solutions
- Acoustic pollution abatement in urban and transport environments
- Minimizing product waste at conceptual ideation and in manufacturing processes
- Understanding materials inside products & their full sustainability impact including ‘reduce, re-use & recycle’ impacts, and
- Ensuring legislative environmental compliance at the conceptual design stage.
Read and learn more about these examples at https://www.nafems.org/blog/posts/designing-for-sustainability-with-cae-simulation/.