The PLM Green Global Alliance (PGGA) is an open community where we invite participation from anyone with a sincere professional or personal interest in the intersection of PLM and Climate Change, Decarbonization, Sustainability, and the Circular Economy.
How do we communicate and collaborate with each other?
To start out we are using LinkedIn Groups as our platform for the routine sharing of examples, resources, and news between our members from around the world. We invite you to visit then join our LI group at PLM Green Global Alliance LinkedIn Group. (When you do, don’t forget to turn on receiving group notifications.)
We encourage members to share references, examples, and case studies they may come across illustrating the use of PLM technologies and engineering software solutions to combat climate change, reduce carbon emissions, decarbonize industries, generate renewable energy, design more energy efficient products, support the circular economy, improve environmental and economic sustainability, and help create more resilient infrastructures to adapt to a changing climate.
For more in-depth conversations and collaborations, our core group of volunteers, contributors and theme moderators typically meet monthly. We invite those interested in a particular topic to join us as a guest in our meetings by sending an email to email@example.com.
Quarterly we plan to host larger meetings, webinars, guest subject-matter expert speakers, and roundtable panels to explore specific topics nominated by group members. This may include review and discussion of conference presentations, technical papers, relevant articles and books, research, surveys, and theme news. To receive notice of these meetings be sure to register to receive our news announcements and posts HERE.
What are the specific opportunities to participate and contribute?
Since the PGGA is currently an all-volunteer non-commercial organization, the input, ideas, participation and contributions from followers and members is much valued. We currently seek help to:
- Find, share, and comment on examples, resources and case studies from across our industry for posting our LI site and website at https://plmgreenalliance.com/plm-green-examples/ .
- Moderate and curate a topical theme page on our website about a subject important to you or your employer at https://plmgreenalliance.com/plm-green-themes/ or help out with an existing theme as a co-moderator.
- Volunteer with organizing our events like whitepaper reviews, book circles, and panel discussions similar to those at https://plmgreenalliance.com/blog/.
- Invite your professional contacts to join the PLM Green Alliance by sharing a link to our LI group and this website.
- Attend or speak as a PLM Green Ambassador at events, conferences, tradeshows, and webinars.
- Engage the leadership of your own organization to champion the role of PLM in addressing climate change and sustainability.
- Author or co-author a blog post, thought-leadership article, case study or poll/survey then summarize the results in a blog post. In doing so become a recognized subject matter expert using our platform.
- Provide advice and referrals to help guide our reach, impact, marketing and media relationships.
- Contribute content to a monthly news digest that followers have asked about.
- Help our webmaster with website content development and SEO strategy.
- Explore new initiatives and services we could offer like a PLM Green validation, certification, or maturity assessment.
- Nominate yourself or other senior professionals to join a new Board of Advisors we plan to form 2H21 to help guide our direction and evolution.
- Help identify sources and strategy for sponsorships, financial support, stipends, and non-profit foundation grants.
Why join us now?
Are you often overwhelmed with the threat of climate change or the challenges of sustainability and feel helpless that there is little you can do about it? Do you struggle to align your personal values with your professional work? If so this is THE professional group where your can begin to make a difference right now, no matter how little or much time you may have to offer. As young climate activist Greta Thunberg said:
The time left to achieve the 2030 GHG emissions reductions, then the 2050 net zero GHG goals, is very short compared to the amount of work and level of transformation needed. Most of us will never again see this large of an opportunity, or magnitude of challenges, in our careers to make a difference. Join us now!