Coming soon to this PLM Green Alliance page will be a compendium of PLM Green case study examples from around the world illustrating the use of PLM-enabling technologies and engineering software solutions to address the causes and consequences of climate change, due to human-generated greenhouse gas emissions, which can contribute to a more sustainable low-carbon circular economy.
Within our first theme on the intersection of PLM and Climate Change, the example application areas can include but are not limited to the following subtopics:
- make products and processes more efficient and sustainable
- find and develop new sources of renewable green energy
- store and transmit alternative energy supplies
- reduce or sequester human-made carbon emissions
- capture naturally produced greenhouse and methane gasses
- pioneer and deploy green manufacturing processes
- design products and their lifecycles to be environmentally friendly
- simulate and test global geoengineering technologies as solutions
- recycle, reuse, or repurpose assets, materials, and natural resources
- monitor a warming planet, changing weather patterns, and impact of climate change on ecosystems
- enhance the robustness, resiliency and sustainability of infrastructures, communities and economies
What topics have we missed? Send us your suggestions or leave a comment below.
Check back soon as we develop this page with your contributions. In the interim, visit our new PLM Green Global Alliance LinkedIn Group where we have begun to share news, applications, and invite others to post their own examples.
If you have example applications please submit them with a note to email@example.com. Alternatively, join our LinkedIn group and post them there to share with the group. Until then follow our news announcements HERE.