This Digital Engineering article describes the Cummins PLANET 2050 sustainability initiative to achieve net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050 while reducing consumption of natural resources.
In this blog post on “How Can PLM Make Sustainable Fashion Attainable” from WhichPLM the authors write “Long-term sustainability can create a stable environment for the employees and the business itself while preserving the planet and causing the least damage possible…This is where PLM comes into play.” Read more HERE.
This whitepaper “You Can Save The Planet With Design and Engineering Simulation” is from Keith Hanna, Vice President of Marketing at Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, who writes “Manufacturing processes today span everything from aerospace to automotive, energy generation to oil & gas, and electronics to shipbuilding. Yet, all these contribute to emissions and environmental pollution as well as intensive use of our world’s precious energy and water resources. With a burgeoning human population on planet Earth, limited natural resources, and endangered species … Continue reading
Coming soon to this PLM Green Alliance page will be a compendium of PLM Green examples and case studies from around the world illustrating the use of PLM-enabling strategies, technologies and software solutions to address the causes and consequences of climate change, due to human-generated greenhouse gas emissions, which can contribute to a more sustainable low-carbon circular economy.
Within our first theme on the intersection of PLM and Climate Change, the example application areas will include but are not limited to the following subtopics:
- make products and processes more efficient and sustainable
- find and develop new sources of renewable green energy
- store and transmit alternative energy supplies
- reduce or sequester human-made carbon emissions
- capture naturally produced greenhouse and methane gasses
- pioneer and deploy green manufacturing processes
- design products and their lifecycles to be environmentally friendly
- simulate and test global geoengineering technologies as solutions
- recycle, reuse, or repurpose assets, materials, and natural resources
- monitor a warming planet, changing weather patterns, and impact of climate change on ecosystems
- enhance the robustness, resiliency and sustainability of infrastructures, communities and economies
Check back soon as we develop this page from contributions by our members. In the interim, visit our PLM Green Global Alliance LinkedIn Group where we have begun to share example applications and invite others to post examples which they come across or initiatives in which they are involved.
If you have example applications please submit them with a note to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, join our LinkedIn group and post them there to share with the group. Until then follow our news announcements HERE.